Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life with two so far...

So I am not good with 2 kids yet, thus no new posts...but I am determined to make it out of this alive! I am JOKING of course, but really, the adjustment has been strange...my time seems to go by in a blur. Before you know it, weeks pass and I still haven't accomplished a whole lot! So those of you with 2+ kids out there, some words of encouragement please. The girls are fun, Presley is in a really funny stage right now... her "real" world and her "Dora" world have become one. She likes to pretend a lot, and thus is always running away from alligators and what not, wants me to "pull" her out of the mud, and is speaking in Spanish! Case in point, we needed to go somewhere the other day, so I said to Presley "Move, we need to open the door" she follows with "No, you have to say Abre!" WHAT?! She also has to count everything she sees, and has also decided counting is better in Spanish...she may not say the number correctly, or in the right order, but she does say it with a killer accent! What a CRAZY lady, but we sure do LOVE HER!! Little Payton is starting to smile and coo a lot. We started her on some reflux medicine and that has made a big difference. She now will sit in her bouncy seat for a good 10 minutes without screaming her head off! This is a HUGE deal for me...I can get a few more things done when I don't have a child that cries all of the time! Just this last week we realized she isn't getting enough food...so we started supplementing...and voila a happy baby really does exists! I think Payton is going to be so calm compared to Miss Pres, and I think she may be our little thinker. She is so sweet, and PRETTY...OK I'm biased, but we just love her to pieces! Well enough with the chatter, here are some pictures.

Payton had just spit up and it was too much for Pres to handle...before this picture she had gagged! It was so funny, so we made her say cheese, and she was not happy sitting there.


We both just happened to try the same method to get little Payton to smile, but of course it didn't work.

She really does love her little sis.
Always being Goofy!

She is getting too old.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Don't tell me that- tell me it's a breeze with two!!! I got another one coming and I can't change my mind now!!! Aaaghh... I ain't gonna lie, I'm a bit nervous but so excited!!! Your little girls are sooo cute! Payton is adorable! I can't figure out who she looks like yet but she's a doll! Good job on being such a great mom! :)

Nick and Natalie said...

they are just too precious... I know you are a great MOM! I have a lot to learn from you!

Jesse said...

Ok...make yourself feel better, because I can't even get anything accomplished with one. I am nearing the end of my maternity leave and not one thing has been checked off my to-do-list (besides having a baby). I agree with you, time flies by during the day. I am happy to hear that she is doing better. Well, they certainly are beautiful. I wish we lived closer so we could console each other and hang out!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get those beautiful dresses? The girls are adorable!!!!! Just enjoy them, don't worry about doing so much, just be in the moment:)

Much Love, Grandma Jodee

The Hunt House said...

Ha ha. I commented on the last post before I saw this one so it answered my question about having 2! Don't worry. It gets TONS better. I swear. For me it took about 8 months. Then life was totally different. Hang in there. Seriously, just getting dinner done with 2 kids especially when you have a fussy baby, is a GIANT success. The little things make a big difference in the home. Sometimes dinner is pancakes....ok often. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Oh Rachel. . .your blog brought back some serious memories and not so good ones! Cooper was such a hard baby and cried and had reflux and was on meds for it! I feel your pain! Hang in there - Cooper was a wonderful two year old!!