Monday, December 1, 2008

I didn't realize how long it has been since I last posted...sorry! A lot has been going on so I will only write brief descriptions because I am not in the mood to write a novel. First, my Parents came into town for a week and it was so fun! Derrick,Presley and I were a little sick, but it was still a blast...it was nice to have someone watch Presley so I could take a nap! We ate a lot of great food, and watched some good movies. We all went to see the new Madagascar movie, and Presley loved it...Grandpa bought her some popcorn so she was very content watching and eating! Out of no where she will bust out singing the "I like to move it, move it" song! We love it!! Grandma and Grandpa bought Presley a new "princess" dress and shoes, which she loves! She definitely had a blast with them...in fact she cried as we were leaving the airport, so sad but so cute! Unfortunately I didn't take pictures; I am so bad at taking them when they really count, sorry mom and dad. We have been busy getting things ready for the baby... I am supposed to have about 5 weeks left, but we are hoping for only 1-2 more! Wish us luck with that one right?!

Our Thanksgiving was a blast, we celebrated with some good friends from the ward. It was nice to not have to make the entire dinner this year. So it made for a fun and relaxing time. Derrick played football that morning with our ward, and of course he got hurt. But at least he had fun...I guess! Presley and I had fun hanging out, I talked with my friend Melissa while Presley and Emma played in the dirt and ran their little hearts out. Melissa took some pictures so those will be posted. She also took some of the kids at dinner (I will post those later) and I can't believe I have a child at the "little kid table". Weird how time flies, and things change so quickly.

Well this turned out to be a novel after all, oh well!


Bundled up and ready to go on a morning walk with Grandpa!

Our attempt at a family picture on Thanksgiving, using auto-timer of course.

Cute and ready to go eat a Thanksgiving Feast.

Girls being girls
Emma and Presley playing so good while the Daddy's played football

Daddy and daughter
Don't they just look cute with their footballs?

5 comments:

The Carey's said...

Cute pictures! Do you really think you will only have two weeks left? I am so jelouse of people who get to have their babies early. I am being induced on the 19th, 7 days before my due date, but if my babies weren't so dang big they would make me go the full 9 months for sure. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE THANKSGIVING PICTURES. AND IT WAS WONDERFUL SEEING YOU ALL ON WEB CAM THANKSGIVINE NITE. PRESLEY IS SO ADORABLE, WISH TEXAS WAS CLOSER. RACHEL, HOPE ALL GOES WELL THES NEXT FEW WEEKS, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS OF NEW LITTLE PETERS GIRL. HUGS GRANDMA JODEE

Jesse said...

We missed you at the Brower Thanksgiving! We wished you could have been there, but it sounds like you had a blast. You look so great in your family picture. By the way, is Presley 2 1/2 or 4???? She looks so big! I can't believe the babies will be here so soon. I am hoping I don't have mine until after the 19th. I'm sure that won't be problem. Watch me go until the middle of Jan. :( Keep us informed of the happenings down in Texas.

Natalie Benavides said...

Ok so I've been waiting for my comment detailing my church husband....here are my ideas.
1. Walter
2. Reggie
3. Wilson
4. Ronald
all very appropriate names.
let me know...haha

By the way-- very cute pictures!

Gaylene said...

Oh I'm homesick for Lubbock. Seeing your pictures really make me want to go back there. I don't think I have ever cared where I live until now!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new babes.