Derrick and his cousin Jon had the opportunity to attend the Texas Tech vs. University of Texas game on Saturday night, and it was amazing. I mean I only watched it on T.V. and it was amazing, so being there was an awesome experience for him. He took many pictures and video, so we have a lot to post. For all of you who don't know (Derrick wants me to make it very clear) Tech was ranked #7 and UT was ranked #1...so it was a mad house here in west Texas!! Students had been camping out on campus for an entire week...people were even calling the news station offering their homes to let "out of towners" stay with them, just to see the game! I guess all the hotels were full, and it had been a sold out game for a few months. The anticipation was KILLING Derrick all week, and he was not let down! Pictures and video will do more justice than writing, so here goes nothing, enjoy!! Oh, I forgot to mention that Derrick and Jon rushed the field...can you believe that! I did NOT believe him when he told me that, but he has pictures to prove it...what a bunch of WILD and CRAZY dudes!Before the game
During the game
Packed House!!
Everyone's got their Guns UP!
Jon and Derrick during Halftime
Guns up BABY!! Derrick rushed the field. 
Stay tuned, video footage to come!!
8 comments:
Oh wow! Aaron would be sooooo jealous. We watched it too and how much fun was that? Oh how I miss going to games. I'm glad they won...for Derrik and Aaron's happiness.
Yeah Texas Tech!!! How handsome are my 2 grandsons!!!!!!!
Love Grandma J
Ohh...too bad they won't win both OSU & OU. But Derrik if they do, they deserve everything and you can rub it in y face!
BUT THEY WON'T.
Good game. I'm jelous. I wish I could have been there.
Great Game! I still feel dirty from waiting in line. I totally spelled your name wrong on the blog entry. Sorry about that. Let us know if you guys are interested in the Baylor game. The Y and the Ute game is the same day.
Jon
ha ha Derrick is crazy!! That's like me at Janet Jackson's concert!! lol
I was so proud to tell everyone I met that my friend was there! GO RAIDERS!
Hey Rachel!! Found your blog and just wanted to say hey!! Don't name your next kid Bella by the way...haha.
Ok so I was walking through the line at United and our sackers name was Tensley. Never heard that before....what do you think of that one?
Post a Comment