Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Minstrel of the Range-Mr. Don Edwards

Today Derrick (me, since I'm writing) shook hands with a man whose sweet cowboy rhetoric brings a tear to my eye. I finally saw Don Edwards in concert and it made me want to ride the old trails just as I knew it would. What a wonderful day!!!!!! Also, Rachel does not want music on this blog, but I just had to add one of Don's greatest songs. Please enjoy.

As I thought of what a wonderful experience this was, my encounter with the first ever Mr. Olympia Larry Scott came to mind. This too was a moment of pure satisfaction!!!! To this day Arnold Schwarzenegger says that Larry has the best arms he has ever seen.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL, LOVE THE COUNTRY FLAIR!!!!!
Congratulations on your new little girl to be. Any names yet?

Luv & hugs to all three, and soon to be four. Granny Jodee

Melissa Wilson said...

Man, look at those arms! I am so glad you guys were able to go to the cowboy symposium! You really are in Lubbock, Texas for a reason! :)

chiara family said...

Yo
I found you yay love muscle man

Goates' Family said...

Congrates on another kid, so much fun. So not fair that you all will be done before us. Richard gets his OT degree April of 2009 and his PT degree in Aug of 2010. That is as long as everything goes as planned. Where do you want to end up? Crazy. Time goes way too fast. I love seeing your pictures and everything. Keep in touch and let us know how everything is going.

ricksdl said...

I am not going to lie, I think his music is awesome. I wanted to ride the trails too! Miss ya

Haily Brian said...

Congrats!! I am excited that your cute family is growing. You guys are so cute.

Chester B. said...

Derrick has the best arms I've ever seen.