Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We've had a really great summer playing in the HOT Texas sun and having fun together. Derrick worked a lot doing his internship so Presley and I hung out a lot by ourselves and with our Friends. Presley has gotten to be quite the little swimmer...OK not really, but she does love the pool! We just put her life jacket on and she just "swims" around (as well as a 2 year old can). We visited all our family in May and June, Presley had a 2ND birthday, and Derrick and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary. Derrick just started school, and only has 2 semesters left to be done with his MBA...YEAH! We are very excited and can't wait to see where we will be next summer!

For Labor Day we went fishing with some of our friends and their little girl Emma, who Presley just loves! It was Presley's first fishing experienc
e, and I think she really enjoyed it; she had no problem grabbing the worms for Derrick and when we caught a fish, all she wanted to do was hold it! They were just tiny little catfish, but it was still fun and worth the slight sunburn we all got! Here are some cute pics of the Presonator fishing away and having fun with Emma!

Looking for a good worm
Playing at the kids swim area, and obviously loving the camera too!

Just a little poser!!




If you made it down this far then I guess I have to tell you that Presley is going to have a little sister! We just found out today, so it's still weird to think there will be a little clone of her running around. It should be fun, yet crazy, but it's too late to really think about that I suppose! Here is the ultrasound picture, which isn't really that great, but you get the idea. I am due in the beginning of January... so we still have a while...hopefully enough time for Presley to get used to the idea. Anyway, thanks for enduring this very, very long post... you must really love us if you read the WHOLE thing!!



13 comments:

The Hunt House said...

Rachel!
Didn't even know you were preggo, not to mention far enough along to find out the gender!!!! How fun! I am thrilled for you. Keep me posted..when is your due date? Congrats! 2 girls...yipeee

Brandon and Emily said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! How are you feeling? Presley is so cute. She is getting so big and now going to be a big sister.

Amber said...

WHOOOHOOOOO... That is so exciting! You little stink! I had no idea!!! I am so happy for you guys! How has your pregnancy been. Hopefully easy because you have a 2 year old running around and wearing you out. I love the pictures of Presley! She is getting so big and she's going to be a great big sister! :) YAY!!!

Jesse said...

Presley is no longer a baby!:( She is a little girl and I can't believe how big she is. It will be so fun to have another little girl for Presley to boss around :) hee hee. Wish we could see you before March!!!

Anonymous said...

The Bandwagon offers its congratulations.

Melissa Wilson said...

Congrats, again! We are so excited for you guys and I just love being pregnant at the same time as you! Another Presley around sounds like a GREAT idea to me, I don't think it could get any better!

The Keeleys said...

congratulations! How exciting. We are both so excited for you guys. Presley is getting so big and cute. She'll be a great big sister. We wish we were close so we could hang out. How's the pregnancy going? Do you have a name for the baby?

ricksdl said...

Presley is so cute! I wish we could have gone fishing with you guys!

The Carey's said...

Congrats on girl number 2!

Laura said...

Don't you think Laura is a nice name? I do.

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Congratulations from Indiana! :) That's exciting. Presley is such a gorgeous little girl! Hope all is well for you and your family!

James and Rebecca said...

Yeah! How exciting for you all! I hope everything is going well. Presley will be a great big sister.
Girls are so much fun! Are you over any sickness?

hfaanunu said...

Rachel and Derrick,

Congratulations on your upcoming birth of your second daughter!!! We are soooooo excited for you!! I can't wait to see the new gorgeous child that you will have! We love and miss you to death!