Ok life has been really busy lately; we've had to figure a lot of things out with our future because... Derrick got into Grad School!! We found out several weeks ago, but I have been so busy trying to get things squared away that I haven't had time to update. We are really excited and can't wait to start this next chapter. The day we got the great news I tried to be a "crafty/creative" wife. I wanted to make a celebration cake for Derrick and I wanted it to be the Texas Tech colors with the Logo; but as you can see by the picture it didn't work very well. I ran out of butter, so I tried to make colored frosting from powdered sugar and milk; I added too much milk and couldn't get enough powdered sugar in it to thicken it. Runny frosting coupled with a warm cake didn't make for such a pretty design! I am not proud of this cake, but I had to post it just because it looks funny!!
Oh, Thanksgiving was fun, it ended up being just the three of us. We were supposed to go to Dallas to be with our friends, but unfortunately Derrick had to stay around here to watch the property. Oh the joys of being a property manager; needless to say that just made us even more excited to start school! This Christmas will be the first Christmas in 3 1/2 years that we won't have to be on call! We no longer have to dread hearing our cell phone ring; life will be good!!
7 comments:
Hooray! I am glad you guys finally heard about Grad school. So how long will you be in Texas? Your cake wasn't THAT bad. Did it taste good at least?
-Tiffany
Holy Freakin COW! Rachel Peters I found you! Last night I was in bed and thought "I have to search and see if Rachel has a blog." Then I woke up and remembered thinking something before falling asleep. I'm so glad I finally remembered what I thought! I was sad that I didn't keep in touch with you better and I'm SO glad I can strike it off my list of regrets.
-Laura Adams
HI! Congrats on Grad School for your husband! What is he studying? I love your pics, comments, and posts!
Congrats on grad school. :) I'm still loving looking at your pictures and reading your blog. I was wondering if I could get your address sometime soon?
Thanks!!
Anna
That is exciting that Derrick got into Grad School!!! Is it a 2 year or 4 year program??? Well, I just wanted to wish you guys a Merry Christmas... where are you going this year? We are heading down to So Cal, it is my turn this year!!! *yay*
Update!
What is Derrick studying in Grad school and where? Tell him congrats! Do you have a regular e-mail address?
Post a Comment