Sunday, November 8, 2009

Not related, nope, not at all:

Payton hates the camera, rarely smiles, but Presley loved/loves pictures. Most always smiled as a baby.
Here is Payton at 10 almost 11 months...

and here is Presley around the same age.

Zero resemblance!

Although she HATES when I mess with her hair, I was FINALLY able to sneak a clip in!
Matching P.J.s...so cute!

Pres and I just thought it would be fun to dress Payton up....she kind of liked it!

The Prettiest Blond Snow White on Earth.
My little aerobics instructor hanging out with her cousin the Giraffe!

We had a wonderful Halloween and can not believe that Thanksgiving, Christmas and Payton's 1 year B-day are all around the corner. Hope you all are happy, well, and enjoying this Holiday Season!



The following is a long, probably should have been there, type of story. If you aren't interested, then no need to read on.

I wasn't having the best day/night when the following incident (pictured) occurred. NO ONE can judge me, or call me an IDIOT because I ALREADY know it. So PLEASE do not leave any comments regarding my state of being right now. Derrick is looking into my options...but I feel there is NO CURE for the mush that has taken over my brain. Pray for me, please!

Really, it is funny, and now I am totally laughing up my stupidity...however at the time I was so disgusted. How ridiculous can you get...practically starting a fire in the microwave? I knew 6 minutes for chicken nuggets didn't sound right...AND sitting in the kitchen feeding Payton while smoke is billowing out of the fan...yeah didn't even notice. My mind APPARENTLY was elsewhere. My lovely, SMART husband noticed just seconds after walking in the door; he put a stop to the whole thing, while I ran around opening all windows, and fanning like crazy!!

The kitchen is FILLED with smoke, Presley starts crying "my chicken nuggets" Payton just sits there looking at us like we are all a bunch of nuts. (she's right, we are) I kind of wanted to cry due to complete EMBARRASSMENT, but I held it together for the kids!

Later Presley asks what happened, I simply say, "Well mommy just pushed the wrong button." hoping it ends with that. No, not with her, she adds, "Mom, you need to pay attention and push the right button!" Yes Presley, you are right, next time I will PAY ATTENTION! Thank you my sweet daughter, thank you!




8 comments:

Kelly Munns said...

first of all, no they could never be related. isn't that so weird?! second, yes, presley is the cutest snow white...blonde or brunette! third...payton has the best costume. hilarious!!!! obviously a child from the 80s would love that. lastly, i think your chicken nugget story is awesome. especially that you got scolded for it. i hope those weren't your last few chicken nuggets...it's kinda hard to tell how many you were trying to cook :)

Laura said...

Allow me to comfort you. One time I did set an actual fire, with flames in the microwave. I was 18 and I wanted a baked potato. Not an unrealistic desire, I don't think. I put it in for 15 minutes, like always. I came back and it was a tiny black ball of charcoal on fire. I paniked and started shouting "FIIIIRE! FIRRRRE!" and everyone freaked out - getting ready to evacuate like we practised in FHE all those times. My dad ran into the kitchen as I was shouting. He grabbed a fork, stuck it in the potato, opened the kitchen window and threw it out! He saved us all!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you are too hard on yourself. Many times I've hit an extra zero on the microwave timer, tho caught it before the contents burned. Also when all my little ones were little ones, we didn't have microwaves.Who knew what would have happened if we did. Also Payton is a mini-me of Derrick. Look at pic of him at that age. :) Grandma Jodeexxxxxooo

Amber said...

haha I love that Presley said that to you!!! What a cutie! And I love that you burnt chicken nuggets in the microwave. Only because I burned cup of noodles once because I forgot to add water. Yep I'm dumb... and I didn't have the excuse of kids when I did it so you are way better off than I am. :) Your kids are so adorable and I love the costumes. Thanks for finally posting geez! :)

The Carey's said...

i love all of the new pictures! Your girls are adorable. When is Peyton's birthday? Is it the 18th of december? I think her and Cam have the same birthday. Can you believe our babies are almost a year old? Where is your new house?

Jesse said...

I don't know how I missed this post! I love the Halloween costumes. Payton's is hilarious and of course Presley is such a beauty. I hope you guys are liking your new place. Don't feel stupid, did I ever tell you the roasting marshmallow story? Well, I wanted a marshmallow and PB sandwich, so I took a fork and roasted the marshmallow over the stove. All went well and I made my sandwich, but then I looked at the fork and saw lots of yummy charred marshmallow on it. I then proceeded to lick the fork. Umm yeah I had fork tong impressions on my tongue for weeks. I have plenty of stories like this if you ever need to make yourself feel better. Sorry I just wrote a novel. Love ya!

ricksdl said...

Hey we had fun looking at your pictures. Avery liked seeing Presley as Snow White
miss you!

Durrett Family Band said...

I love your chicken nugget story because it's exactly like something I would do. I assume that I'm the only absented minded mom out there and totally beat myself up about it.